When you need the absolute strongest railcar mover, and a service partner to keep it in good order for many years, head to your local Towlift for a LEAF locomotive.
The most valuable locomotive for heavy-load operations.
A LEAF locomotive delivers maximum tractive effort with lower fuel use and lower emissions than other locomotives.
Contact our Railcar Mover Department
Sales & Rentals: 419-343-7039
Where LEAF Locomotives Make a Difference for Your Costs and Schedule
Lower Emissions. The LEAF is an EPA-friendly locomotive!
More efficient fuel usage. Reduce fuel consumption 45–72% over a conventional locomotive.
Built for major operations. Ports, mining, industrial in-plant, and commercial yard switching.
Advantages of a LEAF Locomotive
- Push-button start to get going immediately
- 10% lower decibel output than conventional locomotives
- Programmable maximum speed control
- An onboard computer provides real-time engine performance reporting
- Easy to maintain, due to using easily-available parts
- Ideal for: Steel, chemical, tankers, major manufacturing
LEAF Locomotive Features
- Choose from a single 600hp or a dual 1200hp locomotive engine
- FRA compliant new locomotives
- Reduces fuel consumption 45-65%
- Emits 92% less NOx, using 80% less oil
- Zero stack embers - eliminating ground
- Eligible for diesel emission reduction grants and credits
Service for LEAF Locomotives
Towlift's service team can take care of LEAF maintenance for the life of the locomotive. Our team dispatches to your location for maintenance & repair service, so you're back to hauling as fast as possible.
Sales, Service, and Support that Makes a Difference for LEAF Locomotives
You win on tractive effort, fuel cost savings, and service quality from the Towlift team.
For LEAF locomotive sales, call us at (419) 343-7039. All other inquiries, please use our Contact form to reach out. Use the "Railcar Movers" Department option!